|December 02, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MOR||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.386 (27-70)||.323 (21-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.167 (4-24)||.348 (8-23)|
|FT Percentage||.680 (17-25)||.625 (5-8)|
TURNER - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-6) women’s basketball team held strong for a half on Saturday afternoon, but Morehead State (6-3) was too much for the Lady Bisons as the Eagles pulled away in the second half to win 75-55.
The Purple and Gold trailed Morehead by just three at halftime, 29-26, but the Eagles outscored the Bisons 44-29 in the second half to seal the win.
Senior Loren Cagle paced Lipscomb with 16 points, five rebounds, three assists, and five steals.
Sophomore Kaylee Cotton notched her second game in double-figures on the season, scoring 10 points on 4-7 shooting. She also grabbed five rebounds.
Senior Auriana Broughton netted six points in what was her first start on the year, and sophomore Lauren Rau dished out a team-high four assists in her first start of the season.
- Miranda Crockett led the Eagles with 28 points and eight rebounds. Darianne Seward notched 11 points and 10 assists, while Tierra McGowan added 10 points and 16 rebounds.
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 59-33, but tied the assist battle at 17.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Cagle (with a team-high 30 minutes played), Broughton, Rau, Riley Northway, Emily Kmec, Lexi Manos, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, and Kaylee Cotton.
- Jones grabbed three steals and a block on defense.
- Lipscomb forced 22 turnovers and gave up 17.
- The Purple and Gold shot 8-23 from three-point range, and the Eagles shot 4-24 from deep.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will return to action on Monday night a 5 p.m. for the Battle of the Boulevard in Allen Arena.