|December 04, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BEL||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.536 (30-56)||.368 (25-68)|
|3P FG Percentage||.343 (12-35)||.125 (2-16)|
|FT Percentage||.655 (19-29)||.778 (7-9)|
WRIGHT - 10
MAGGARD - 6
JONES - 1
SMITH - 1
MAGGARD - 1
CAGLE - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-6) women’s basketball team is set to take on rival Belmont (7-2) in the 74th iteration of the Battle of the Boulevard as the Bruins are coming to Allen Arena on Monday night for a showdown.
The game will be the fourth consecutive outing against an OVC squad for the Purple and Gold. Lipscomb will play six OVC teams total this season.
The matchup with Belmont is set for 5 p.m. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE BRUINS:
- Belmont holds a 45-28 series lead, including 100-62 victory on the road last season.
- During their last outing, the Bruins defeated Presbyterian 90-48.
- Three Bruins have three players averaging in double-figures: Kylee Smith, Darby Maggard, and Sally McCabe.
- Belmont’s two losses this season have come against Power Five programs Stanford and Oklahoma. They defeated Gonzaga 71-63.
- The Lady Bisons head into the matchup having lost to Morehead State 75-55 at home.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance.
- Cagle has scored double-figures in all but one game this season, has grabbed five or more rebounds in all but one game, and has notched four or more assists in all but two games.
- Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers five times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- Riley Northway has scored in double-figures in five of the last seven contests. She scored a season-high 18 against Murray State on 7-13 shooting.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging 10 or more minutes per game: Cagle, Northway, Kmec, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.