|December 04, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||BEL||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.536 (30-56)||.368 (25-68)|
|3P FG Percentage||.343 (12-35)||.125 (2-16)|
|FT Percentage||.655 (19-29)||.778 (7-9)|
WRIGHT - 10
MAGGARD - 6
JONES - 1
SMITH - 1
MAGGARD - 1
CAGLE - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-7) women’s basketball team started out strong but could not keep up with rival Belmont’s high-powered offense as the Bruins (8-2) won the 74th iteration of the Battle of the Boulevard 91-59.
The Lady Bisons trailed just 22-14 after the first quarter, but Belmont came out firing in the second frame and did not look back
Sophomore Lauren Rau had a career day, posting personal-bests in points (17), and rebounds (four). She also led the team with four assists.
Seniors Loren Cagle, Loshaveon Jones, Riley Northway also scored in double-figures.
Cagle notched 15 points and three assists, Northway added 10 points and five rebounds, and Jones earned 11 points.
- Six Bruins notched double-figures: Darby Maggard (22), Kylee Smith (17), Maddie Wright (14), Sierra Jones (12), Jenny Roy (10), and Caitlyn Yost (10).
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 44-30, and the assist battle at 16-12.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Cagle and Rau tied for a team-high 28 minutes, Jones, Northway, Kennedy Potts, Lexi Manos, Kaylee Cotton, and Emily Kmec.
- Belmont scored 28 points in the paint compared to Lipscomb’s 20.
- Lipscomb forced 12 turnovers and gave up 7.
- The Purple and Gold shot 8-23 from three-point range, and the Eagles shot 4-24 from deep.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will return to Allen Arena on Thursday for a 6:30 p.m. showdown with Alabama.