|December 07, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.433 (26-60)||.304 (17-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.235 (4-17)||.385 (10-26)|
|FT Percentage||.810 (17-21)||.636 (7-11)|
Wade - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-7) women’s basketball team will be taking on Alabama (4-3) on Thursday in Allen Arena. The game will be the Lady Bisons fifth straight at home after opening up the season with five consecutive road contests.
The matchup with the Crimson Tide is set for 6:30 p.m. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE CRIMSON TIDE:
- This is the third time the two teams have met, with the Crimson Tide each winning the previous two.
- During their last outing, Alabama lost to TCU 88-67.
- Three Alabama players are averaging in double-figures: Hannah Cook (13.6), Meoshanti Knight (11.1), and Ashley Willias (10.4).
- The Crimson Tide took on another ASUN team earlier this season as they defeated Jacksonville 75-60.
- The Lady Bisons head into the matchup having lost to Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont 91-59 at home.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance.
- Cagle has scored double-figures in all but one game this season, has grabbed five or more rebounds in all but one game, and has notched four or more assists in all but two games.
- Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers five times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- Riley Northway has scored in double-figures in six of the last eight contests. She scored a season-high 18 against Murray State on 7-13 shooting.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging 10 or more minutes per game: Cagle, Northway, Kmec, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.