|December 21, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TTU|
|FG Percentage||.434 (23-53)||.418 (23-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (6-22)||.300 (6-20)|
|FT Percentage||.563 (9-16)||.625 (5-8)|
CAGLE - 2
HARPER - 1
COLEMAN - 1
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team will head into the Christmas break on a high note as the Lady Bisons (3-10) defeated Tennessee Tech 61-57 on Thursday night in the Eblen Center.
It was a game of runs, as the Lady Bisons put together a season-best 16-0 run that began in the second quarter and extended into the second half, and Lipscomb had to fend off an 8-0 Golden Eagles (3-8) that helped Tennessee Tech climb back into the game in the fourth quarter.
After setting a career-high with 28 points in her last outing against Saint Louis, senior point guard Loren Cagle once again led the way for the Lady Bisons with 27 points, four rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
Sophomore Lauren Rau also scored in double-figures with 10 points, the majority of which came down the stretch with free throws that iced the game for Lipscomb. She led the team with four assists as well.
Redshirt-freshman notched nine points and a team-high six rebounds, while senior Loshaveon Jones added seven points and the team’s lone block.
WOMEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH GREG BROWN’S THOUGHTS:
“I’m really proud of them just finding a way to win. We’ve done a good job all year of coming back to practice and really taking a growth mindset and working to get better and to respond and rebound after a loss.”
“Tonight, we shot 43% with only eight turnovers. That is excellent. I can’t say enough about Loren Cagle. She played with poise in the way she scored and got people involved in the play.
Lauren Rau hit big free throws down the stretch to help win it for us.
“You don’t love that it came down to free throws after building a big lead, but they never quit. We had chances to extend the lead, and then they made a run, but we answered right back. There’s things we’re looking to improve on still heading into conference so that we can continue to grow and develop.”
- Three Golden Eagles finished in double-figures: Yaktavia Hickson (15), Kesha Brady (13), and Jordan Brock (12).
- The Lady Bisons swiped seven steals. Cagle and freshman Taylor Clark tied for the team lead with seven.
- Lipscomb was out-rebounded 33-28, and lost the assist battle at 12-9.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Cagle (with a team-high 38 minutes played), Rau, Kmec, Jones, Clark, Meredith Lovelady, Carleigh Short, Kennedy Potts, and Auriana Broughton.
- Lipscomb forced 16 turnovers and gave up eight.
- The Lady Bisons have played six OVC foes this season, winning twice.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will return to the court at Vanderbilt on Dec. 28 for a 7 p.m. tip time.