|December 28, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||VANDY|
|FG Percentage||.422 (27-64)||.508 (32-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.455 (15-33)||.600 (6-10)|
|FT Percentage||.765 (13-17)||.786 (22-28)|
Walker - 2
|December 29, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||AAMUWBB||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.308 (20-65)||.368 (21-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (4-13)||.240 (6-25)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (6-10)||.720 (18-25)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (3-10) women’s basketball team is returning from Christmas break with back-to-back pair of games as the Lady Bisons take on Vanderbilt (3-10) and Alabama A&M (5-5).
Lipscomb will be travelling to Vanderbilt on Thursday for a 7:00 p.m. tipoff, followed by a 6:30 showdown with Alabama A&M at home the following night. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE COMMODORES:
- This is the fourth time the two teams have met in the Division I era, with Vandebilt holding an 4-0 series lead. During the last matchup in Nov. 2012, the Commodores won 62-45 at home.
- Vanderbilt is coming off of a 111-74 lost to Belmont in their last outing.
- Two Commodores are averaging in double-figures: Rachel Bell (14.7) and Chelsie Hall (13.2).
- Vanderbilt is the second SEC foe the Lady Bisons have faced this season after falling to Alabama.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS:
- This is the second time the two teams have met in the Division I era, with the series split evenly at 1-1. During the last matchup, A&M won 72-54 at home.
- The Bulldogs are coming off of a 76-74 win over Southeastern Louisiana in their last outing.
- Nigeria Jones and Ashlyn Dotson lead the team with 8.5 points per game.
- The Bulldogs and the Lady Bisons have shared four opponents this season: Alabama, Murray State, Austin Peay, and Tennessee State.
- The Lady Bisons head into the matchup defeated Tennessee Tech 61-57 on the road. Senior Loren Cagle earned the ASUN Player of the Week after scoring 27 points in the win.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance.
- Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers seven times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- Riley Northway has scored in double-figures in seven of the last 11 contests. She scored a season-high 18 against Murray State on 7-13 shooting.
- Cagle has scored double-figures in all but one game this season, has grabbed four or more rebounds in all but two games, and has notched three or more assists in all but two games.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging 10 or more minutes per game: Cagle, Northway, Kmec, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.