|December 29, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||AAMUWBB||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.308 (20-65)||.368 (21-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.308 (4-13)||.240 (6-25)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (6-10)||.720 (18-25)|
NASHVILLE – Freshman Taylor Clark turned in the best performance of her young career on Friday night to lead the Lipscomb (4-11) women’s basketball team to a 66-50 victory over Alabama A&M (5-6) at Allen Arena.
Clark notched a career-high 18 points on 6-8 shooting from the field and from the line. The freshman was all over the floor, as she also grabbed five rebounds and two steals.
Senior Loren Cagle notched 14 points and a team-high and personal-best 17 rebounds. The point guard also added two assists and a steal.
Lipscomb led throughout most of the contest, posting a 37-24 lead at halftime and leading 38 out of 40 minutes. The Lady Bisons scored 30 points in the paint, a different offensive approach after hitting 15 three-pointers in Thursday night’s narrow loss to Vanderbilt.
Sophomore Lauren Rau notched eight points, four rebounds, a team-high three assists, and two steals.
Senior Kennedy Potts scored eight points and led the team with three steals, while redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec added six points and team highs in rebounds with nine and blocks with three.
- One Bulldog finished in double-figures: Nigeria Jones (12).
- The Lady Bisons swiped 10 steals and notched three blocks.
- Lipscomb and A&M tied with 44 rebounds each, a season-high mark for the Lady Bisons, and Lipscomb won the assist battle at 11-9.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Cagle, Rau (with a team-high 35 minutes played), Kmec, Clark, Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Auriana Broughton, Carleigh Short, and Meredith Lovelady.
- Lipscomb forced 17 turnovers and gave up 12.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will begin ASUN play on Jan. 6 as they take on Kennesaw State in Georgia.