|January 06, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.377 (20-53)||.424 (25-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (7-21)||.455 (5-11)|
|FT Percentage||.680 (17-25)||.500 (7-14)|
CAGLE - 18
CAGLE - 8
CLARK - 2
CAGLE - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (4-11) women’s basketball team is set to begin the new semester by jumping into conference play as they will be visiting ASUN foe Kennesaw State for a Saturday afternoon matchup.
The game is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m., and you can follow along on live stats and live streaming.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- This is the 23rd time the two programs have faced off in the Division I era. KSU owns a 15-7 series lead.
- Kennesaw has had four consecutive games cancelled. Their last outing was a 60-58 overtime win over Georgia Southern on Dec. 15.
- Kamiyah Street leads the Owls with 15.6 points per game.
- KSU is 0-4 against Power Five schools so far this season.
- The Lady Bisons head into the matchup having defeated Alabama A&M 66-50. Senior Loren Cagle won her third ASUN Player of the Week for her 14-point, 17 rebound performance, as well as her 26 points against Vanderbilt. Taylor Clark won the first ASUN Freshman of the Week in program history after notching a career-high 18 points in the win.
- Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance.
- Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers seven times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- Riley Northway has scored in double-figures in seven of her 11 contests. She scored a season-high 18 against Murray State on 7-13 shooting.
- Cagle has scored double-figures in all but one game this season, has grabbed four or more rebounds in all but two games, and has notched three or more assists in all but three games.
- The Bisons feature 10 players averaging 10 or more minutes per game: Cagle, Northway, Kmec, Kaylee Cotton, Lexi Manos, Meredith Lovelady, Kennedy Potts, Loshaveon Jones, Auriana Broughton, and Lauren Rau.