|January 06, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|FG Percentage||.377 (20-53)||.424 (25-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (7-21)||.455 (5-11)|
|FT Percentage||.680 (17-25)||.500 (7-14)|
CAGLE - 18
CAGLE - 8
CLARK - 2
CAGLE - 2
KENNESAW, Ga. – The Lipscomb (5-11, 1-0) women’s basketball team started off ASUN conference play on a positive note on Saturday as the Lady Bisons survived a thriller 64-62 at Kennesaw State (4-8, 0-1).
Lipscomb started off the game hot, leading 32-20 at halftime, before the Owls came charging back in the third quarter.
The two teams traded baskets throughout a close fourth quarter in which Lipscomb outscored Kennesaw by just one, 21-20. Senior Loren Cagle notched 12 of the Lady Bisons 21 fourth-quarter points to help secure the victory.
Cagle scored 18 points overall, and added eight rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec tied Cagle for the team lead in both points and rebounds with 18 and eight of her own. She scored 11 in the first quarter to give Lipscomb an early lead.
Senior Kennedy Potts poured in 12 points on 3-6 shooting from three-point range and pulled down six rebounds.
Sophomore Lauren Rau scored 10 points, notched 10 rebounds, and tallied two assists, and freshman Taylor Clark added six points and a career-high four steals.
The starters scored all 64 Lady Bison points, a first on the season.
- Four Owls finished in double-figures: Carlotta Gianolla (17), Kamiyah Street (16), Clara Young (15), and Alexis Poole (12).
- The Lady Bisons swiped eight steals.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded KSU 39-35, and the two teams tied with eight assists.
- Five Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Cagle (with a team-high 40 minutes played), Rau, Kmec, Clark, and Potts.
- Lipscomb forced 15 turnovers and gave up 19.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will return for a pair of games on Jan. 13 and Jan. 15 at Jacksonville and North Florida.