|February 01, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.351 (27-77)||.487 (37-76)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (9-33)||.529 (9-17)|
|FT Percentage||.682 (15-22)||.778 (14-18)|
SWAIN - 2
CAGLE - 2
KMEC - 2
|February 03, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NJIT||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.355 (22-62)||.393 (22-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (6-18)||.294 (5-17)|
|FT Percentage||.727 (8-11)||.680 (17-25)|
CAGLE - 3
RAU - 3
TUNSTALL - 1
TORRES - 1
LIBBY - 1
NEWARK, N.J. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team returns home this week for a pair of matchups against USC Upstate and NJIT.
The game between the Lady Bisons (7-14, 3-3) and the Spartans (7-14, 2-4) is set to tip off at 6:30 p.m. in Allen Arena on Thursday, while the contest against the Highlanders (3-18, 1-5) will take place at noon on Saturday.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE SPARTANS:
- This is the 21st time the two programs have faced off in the Division I era. Upstate owns a 16-4 series lead.
- USC Upstate’s last outing was a 65-61 win over Kennesaw State at home.
- Tamera Thorpe leads the Spartans with 11.7 points per game.
- Upstate is 1-2 in the last three road ASUN games.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- This is the sixth time the two programs have faced off in the Division I era. NJIT owns a 3-2 series lead.
- NJIT will take on Kennesaw State on Thursday before the game with the Lady Bisons.
- Tatianna Torres leads the Highlanders with 12.0 points per game.
- Lipscomb defeated NJIT 74-58 in New Jersey earlier this season.
- Senior Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance. She has since won two more ASUN Player of the Week awards to give her a program-best three on the year. She also scored a career-high 31 points in a 73-69 win at North Florida.
- Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers 10 times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- In a win over Alabama A&M, Taylor Clark earned the program’s first ASUN Freshman of the Year award by scoring 18 points on 6-8 shooting. She scored a career-high 21 points in a loss to Stetson.
- Senior Loshaveon Jones notched her first career double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds in the win over NJIT. She has grabbed double-digit rebounds in consecutive games.