|February 01, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.351 (27-77)||.487 (37-76)|
|3P FG Percentage||.273 (9-33)||.529 (9-17)|
|FT Percentage||.682 (15-22)||.778 (14-18)|
SWAIN - 2
CAGLE - 2
KMEC - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team turned in a dominant all-around performance on Thursday night as they defeated USC Upstate 97-78 at Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (8-14, 4-3) came out on fire early and never looked back, outscoring the Spartans (7-15, 2-5) 45-26 in the first half in route to scoring a record-high 97 points for a conference game in the Division I era.
Sophomore Lexi Manos led Lipscomb with a career-high 20 points on 9-14 shooting from the field, including a perfect 2-2 from behind the arc.
Senior Loren Cagle filled out the stat sheet, notched 16 points, three rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
Senior Meredith Lovelady was perfect from the field, going 4-4 from the field, including 3-3 from three-point range, for 13 points.
Sophomore Carleigh Short also scored a career high with nine points on 3-4 shooting, while senior Kennedy Potts grabbed a career-best 11 rebounds. Sophomore Lauren Rau added seven points, eight rebounds, and a team-high seven assists.
For the first time this season, all 11 Lady Bisons that played scored a basket.
- Three Spartans finished in double-figures: A’Lexxus Davis (15), Tamera Thorpe (14), and Michaela Gibbons (13).
- The Lady Bisons shot 49 percent from the field and 53 percent from three-point range.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded NJIT 50-40, but lost the assist battle 19-17.
- All 11 played 10 or more minutes. Cagle led with a team-high 25 minutes.
- Lipscomb outscored Upstate 52-32 in the paint.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will continue their home stand with a matchup against NJIT on Saturday at noon.