|February 07, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UPST|
|FG Percentage||.353 (24-68)||.466 (27-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.278 (5-18)||.370 (10-27)|
|FT Percentage||.917 (11-12)||.727 (16-22)|
PARKHURST - 1
POPPLEWELL - 1
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team will be headed to South Carolina for a midweek match against USC Upstate on Wednesday.
The game between the Lady Bisons (9-14, 5-3) and the Spartans (8-15, 3-5) is set to tip off at 6:00 p.m. in the G.B. Hodge Center.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming for both games at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE SPARTANS:
- This is the 22nd time the two programs have faced off in the Division I era. Upstate owns a 16-5 series lead.
- USC Upstate’s last outing was a 70-64 win over Kennesaw State on the road.
- Tamera Thorpe leads the Spartans with 12.2 points per game.
- Lipscomb defeated USC Upstate at home 97-78 earlier this season.
- Senior Loren Cagle was named to the preseason watch list for the Nancy Lieberman Award for the second season in a row. The award is handed out each season to the best point guard in the nation. She was one of 20 student-athletes to earn the recognition and one of only two players from a mid-major program to make the list in consecutive seasons.
- Cagle earned the first ASUN Player of the Week of the season and the first for the women’s basketball program since 2015 after a stat sheet-filling opening weekend performance. She has since won three more ASUN Player of the Week awards to give her a program-best four on the year. She also scored a career-high 31 points in a 73-69 win at North Florida.
- Redshirt-freshman Emily Kmec has notched three or more three-pointers 10 times this season. She scored a career-high 19 points in the loss to Butler, including a 5-8 mark from deep.
- In a win over Alabama A&M, Taylor Clark earned the program’s first ASUN Freshman of the Year award by scoring 18 points on 6-8 shooting. She scored a career-high 21 points in a loss to Stetson.
- Senior Loshaveon Jones notched her first career double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds in the win over NJIT. She has grabbed double-digit rebounds in consecutive games.