|March 02, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.341 (15-44)||.531 (34-64)|
|3P FG Percentage||.389 (7-18)||.516 (16-31)|
|FT Percentage||.667 (16-24)||.647 (11-17)|
WILLIAMS - 6
GIBBONS - 1
NASHVILLE – For the first time in 10 years the Lipscomb women’s basketball team is headed to the ASUN Semifinals thanks to a 95-53 win over USC Upstate Friday night in the first round of the conference tournament at Allen Arena.
The 42-point win set a record for margin of victory in an ASUN postseason game.
The Lady Bisons (12-18) went up big early and never looked back as they cruised to their first ASUN Tournament victory since 2008 when they beat Belmont 73-72 in the first round.
ASUN Player of the Year Loren Cagle led the way for Lipscomb in her final game in Allen Arena, nearly notching a double-double with 20 points and 10 assists to go along with six rebounds and four steals.
ASUN All-Freshman team member Emily Kmec notched 18 points on 6-9 shooting, all from three-point range. She also grabbed a team-high seven rebounds.
The Lady Bison defense was stingy throughout the game, holding the Spartans to season low for points for a Lipscomb opponent while swiping a season-best 16 steals. Lipscomb scored 40 points off of 27 Upstate turnovers.
- Two Spartans finished in double-figures: Tamera Thorpe (14) and Michaela Gibbons (12).
- The Eagles out-rebounded Lipscomb 46-27, and Lady Bisons lost the assist battle 23-11.
- 11 Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes. Cagle led with a team-high 32 minutes.
- Lipscomb shot 16-30 from behind the three-point line, tying the ASUN postseason record for most made three’s in a game.
- All 12 Lady Bisons who saw the court scored in the contest.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be headed to Fort Myers, Florida for a semifinals matchup against FGCU. The game will take place on Wednesday at 6 p.m.