|November 06, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||CCU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.345 (20-58)||.490 (24-49)|
|3P FG Percentage||.345 (10-29)||.357 (5-14)|
|FT Percentage||.200 (1-5)||.593 (16-27)|
BRANSFORD - 3
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team started out the 2018-19 season with a win as the Lady Bisons defeated Cincinnati Christian 69-51 in an exhibition match on Tuesday night in Allen Arena.
It was an all-around balanced night for the Purple and Gold in the final bit of action before the regular season starts. Nine Lady Bisons scored in the victory, with eight scoring five or more points.
Redshirt-junior Anna Hammaker led the way in her Lipscomb debut. The Kansas State transfer poured in 17 points on 7-12 shooting.
Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum was close behind, nearly posting a double-double with 12 points and eight rebounds in her Lipscomb debut.
In all, seven Lady Bisons made their first appearance in the Purple and Gold on the night: Hammaker, Rosenbaum, and freshmen Jane Deason, Taylor Hammack, Keely Morrow, Gabi Grillon, and Gracie Simpson.
Junior Lauren Rau turned in a stat sheet-filling performance as the only returning starter from last season to start tonight. She notched seven points, six assists, seven steals, and two rebounds.
An 8-0 Eagles run cut down Lipscomb’s lead in the fourth, before a Lady Bisons run of their own put the game away for good.
- Two Eagles finished in double-figures: Courtney Schmits (12) and Kamiylah Bomar (11).
- All 10 Lady Bisons who dressed out played in the win.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded CCU 45-36, and notched 16 assists to CCU’s 13.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Rau (with a team-high 31 minutes played), Lexi Manos, Deason, Hammaker, Rosenbaum, Short, Hammack, Morrow, and Grillon.
- CCU had 30 turnovers, while Lipscomb turned it over 23 times.
The Lady Bisons will open the regular season at home on Friday against Tennessee State at 6:30 p.m.