|November 17, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||JSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.365 (23-63)||.288 (15-52)|
|3P FG Percentage||.296 (8-27)||.231 (3-13)|
|FT Percentage||.444 (4-9)||.722 (13-18)|
KMEC - 6
HAMMAKER - 6
RAU - 4
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team was unable to put together back-to-back wins Saturday afternoon as Jacksonville State came to Nashville and knocked off the Lady Bisons, 58-46, in Allen Arena.
It was tough sledding for the Lady Bisons (2-2) out of the gate, and much of the first three quarters. Following a Taylor Clark three to open the scoring Lipscomb hit just one of its next 16 shots, allowing JSU (2-1) to build a 10-point lead at the half, 30-20.
The Gamecocks extended their lead in the third, 45-29, after holding the Lady Bisons to their second single-digit quarter of the afternoon.
Lipscomb got things rolling enough in the final period that another three from Clark pulled them to within seven in the final two minutes, but JSU wouldn’t allow the Lady Bisons to get any closer.
Lauren Rau paced the way with a career-high 19 points as she drained 9-of-12 from the line. The junior also chipped in five assists, four rebounds and four steals.
- Despite the loss, Lipscomb leads the all-time series 3-2 with the Gamecocks.
- JSU outshot Lipscomb 36.5% (23-of-63) to 28.8% (15-of-52).
- Joining Rau in double figures was Clark with 12, three days after scoring 11 in her season debut at Alabama A&M.
- The Bisons turned the ball over a season high 26 times, resulting in 31 points for JSU.
- Lipscomb outrebounded the Gamecock 40-39, led by six from Clark and Emily Kmec.
- JSU totaled eight blocks, 12 steals and 15 assists. The Lady Bisons had just one, 11 and six.
The Lady Bisons will open a 4-game road trip with a contest at Murray State on Tuesday. Tip is set for 6 p.m.