|November 24, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||CIN|
|FG Percentage||.432 (19-44)||.429 (24-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.412 (7-17)|
|FT Percentage||.722 (13-18)||.842 (16-19)|
- 12||Angel Rizor
- 7||Angel Rizor
- 3||Sam Rodgers
- 3||Florence Sifa
- 1||Sam Rodgers
Monique Thompson - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team turned in a hard-fought performance on Saturday afternoon, but it wasn’t enough as the Lady Bisons fell to Cincinnati 71-55 at the Fifth Third Bank Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-4) had strong showings in the first and third quarters, but were undone by pour second and fourth quarter outings.
Cincinnati (5-2) and Lipscomb traded baskets early on, peaking with a 19-19 tie early in the second quarter.
The stalemate was immediately followed by a 20-0 Bearcats run to push the game open heading into the second half.
Lipscomb came out strong in the third frame, highlighted by an 11-point quarter from sophomore Taylor Clark (her only points of the game), cutting the 20-point Cincinnati lead down to 12. But, the Bearcats rode a strong fourth quarter to the 16-point win.
Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum joined Clark in double-figures, pacing the team with 12 points and seven rebounds.
- Nine of 10 Lady Bisons who saw action scored.
- Junior Lexi Manos had a team-high three steals, while fellow juniors Carleigh Short and Anna Hammaker swiped two each.
- Hammaker grabbed five rebounds, and Short dished out a team-best three assists.
- Cincinnati out-rebounded Lipscomb 35-24, and notched 18 assists to Lipscomb’s 10.
- The two teams tied with 26 point in the paint each.
- Lipscomb notched 18 bench points and 15 points off turnovers.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes: Redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec with a team-high 31 minutes, Clark, Hammaker, Rosenbaum, Manos, Short, and freshmen Jane Deason and Keely Morrow.
The Lady Bisons are in the midst of a four-game road streak. Next they will travel to Austin Peay at 7 p.m. on Thursday.