|December 09, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UTM||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.358 (24-67)||.320 (16-50)|
|3P FG Percentage||.182 (4-22)||.217 (5-23)|
|FT Percentage||.588 (10-17)||.696 (16-23)|
Chelsey Perry - 3
Kyannah Grant - 3
NASHVILLE – In their first game back at home in over three weeks, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team came up just short in a close affair at Allen Arena on Sunday afternoon, losing 62-53 to UT Martin.
The Lady Bisons (2-7) started out strong, winning the first two periods to take a 29-26 lead in the locker room at halftime.
Freshman Jane Deason was a major part of the Purple and Gold’s hot start, as the sharpshooter knocked down three three-pointers in the first quarter.
She finished the afternoon with a team-high 16 points and a team-leading 10 rebounds for the first double-double of her career. She shot 4-10 from deep to finish one point short of her career high mark.
UT Martin (6-3) came out of halftime with renewed energy, and the Skyhawks outscored the Lady Bisons in the second half 36-24.
Freshman Keely Morrow added 15 points, including a 7-7 mark from the free throw line, and five rebounds.
Junior Anna Hammaker had eight points, seven rebounds, and three steals.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark led the team with a career-high three assists. She also grabbed seven rebounds before fouling out in the fourth quarter.
- UT Martin now leads the all-time series 4-1.
- To go along with her eight points, junior Lauren Rau had a team-high four steals.
- Aundrea Adams led UT Martin with 17 points. Three Skyhawks finished in double-figures.
- UTM out-rebounded the Lady Bisons 44-38, and notched 16 assists to Lipscomb’s 10.
- Only seven Lady Bisons played in the loss due to a number of injuries. All seven played at least 20 minutes, with Rau playing a team-high 37.
The Lady Bisons will be back in Allen Arena next Sunday for a 3 p.m. matchup with College of Charleston.