|December 16, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
College of Charlesto
|Stats at a Glance||COFC||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.407 (22-54)||.322 (19-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.412 (7-17)||.348 (8-23)|
|FT Percentage||.609 (14-23)||.773 (17-22)|
HAMMAKER - 7
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team lost a heartbreaker on Sunday afternoon as College of Charleston came out on top 65-63 in a nail-biter at Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-8) made a number of big shots down the stretch to stay in the game, but a final play came up short to give the Cougars (3-5) the win.
Three Lady Bisons finished in double-figures, including a team-high 17 points from Taylor Clark. The junior also grabbed five rebounds, notched a steal, and scored nine points in the final frame to keep Lipscomb within striking distance.
Clark’s three-pointer with 33 seconds left cut the CofC lead down to one, 64-63, but that would be as close the Lipscomb came to taking the lead in the final minute.
Freshman Jane Deason scored 13 points, grabbed six rebounds, and swiped six steals, the most of any Lady Bison so far this season.
Junior Lauren Rau added 11 points, a team-best six assists, and three steals.
- Juniors Anna Hammaker and Lexi Manos tied for the team lead with seven rebounds. Hammaker tied her career high and Manos set a new career high with the mark.
- Lipscomb shot 17-22 from the free throw line, including 7-8 in the second half.
- The Lady Bisons forced 22 Cougar turnovers and only coughed it up 17 times. Lipscomb scored 27 points off turnovers.
- 12 steals tied the Lipscomb team-high mark for the season after reaching the same mark against UT-Martin last week.
- Deja Ford led Charleston with 26 points. Three Cougarsfinished in double-figures.
- Charleston out-rebounded the Lady Bisons 42-35, and notched 15 assists to Lipscomb’s 14.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by Rau’s 35.
The Lady Bisons are headed to Georgia to take on the SEC’s Bulldogs on Wednesday. Tip is set for 10 a.m.