|December 19, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UGA|
|FG Percentage||.244 (11-45)||.537 (29-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.263 (5-19)||.353 (6-17)|
|FT Percentage||.783 (18-23)||.684 (13-19)|
ROBINSON - 8
MORROW - 1
MANOS - 1
RAU - 1
HAMMAKER - 1
ATHENS, Ga. – A strong first half performance gave way to a struggling second half as the Lipscomb women’s basketball team played Georgia tough, but ultimately fell 77-45 on the road in Stegeman Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-9) kept things close in the first two quarters, trailing by just five at the midway point of the second frame, but the SEC’s Bulldogs (7-4) proved to be too much for the Purple and Gold in the final two quarters.
Sophomore Taylor Clark and junior Lauren Rau combined for 31 points to pace Lipscomb, with Clark leading the way in the first half and Rau taking over in the second half.
Clark finished with a team-high 16 points, including an 8-10 mark from the charity stripe, two rebounds, and two steals.
Rau poured in 15, including a 6-7 mark from the free throw line, and three rebounds.
Lipscomb struggled from the field against the Bulldog defense, shooting just 11-45, but the Lady Bisons hit a stellar 18 of 23 free throws in the loss.
- Freshman Jane Deason led Lipscomb with three steals. Junior Carleigh Short had two.
- Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum’s five rebounds were tops on the team.
- No Lady Bison dished out more than one assist.
- Clark hit multiple three-pointers in consecutive games for the first time in her career.
- Caliya Robinson led Georgia with 21 points. Two Bulldogs finished in double-figures.
- Georgia out-rebounded the Lady Bisons 35-31, and notched 19 assists to Lipscomb’s five.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes and seven played 20+ plus minute, led by 29 from Rau and Clark.
The Lady Bisons will be back home on Friday for a 5 p.m. matchup with Tennessee Tech at Allen Arena.