|January 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|FG Percentage||.327 (16-49)||.407 (22-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (6-27)||.273 (6-22)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.923 (12-13)|
- 13||Jasmyn Brown
- 6||Trudy Walker
- 3||Shalonda Neely
- 5||Jasmyn Brown
- 1||Jasmyn Brown
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team are kicking off ASUN play with a trip to Jacksonville this weekend.
The Lady Bisons (2-11) and the Dolphins (7-6) will be facing off on Saturday at noon in Swisher Gymnasium.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHNS:
- This is the 31st meeting between the two squads in the Division I era, with JU holding a 20-10 series lead. Last season, the Dolphins swept the series.
- The Dolphins enter the matchup having beaten Mercer (71-66) and FIU (73-62) over the past week.
- Jasmyn Brown paces the team with 14.0 points per game to go along with 4.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.1 steals.
- Trudy Walker nearly averages a double-double with 9.2 points and a team-high 10.5 rebounds per game.
- Lipscomb enters on a 10-game losing streak after falling to Morehead State 79-44 on the road in their first game back from Christmas break. Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum was named the ASUN Freshman of the Week after notching a team-high 10 points, the first Lady Bisons individual honor of the season so far.
- Lipscomb tops the ASUN with a stellar .726 free throw shooting percentage. Morrow (32-39), Rau (38-46), and Clark (29-35) lead the way.
- Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win over a 64-62 season-opening win over TSU, including Jane Deason (a team-high 17), Kailey Rosenbaum (13), and Keely Morrow (13), who were all freshmen making their Lady Bisons debut. Junior Lauren Rau scored the game-winning bucket in the final seconds. It was her first basket of the night. Freshmen provided 52 points in Lipscomb’s 64 points in the win.
- In a 62-58 win over Alabama A&M, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec made her season debut with a team-high 17 points on 5-13 shooting from three-point range.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark has scored in double-figures eight of the 11 games she has played so far this season. She leads the team in scoring with an 10.7 mark.
- Anna Hammaker led Lipscomb with a season-high 17 points in a 97-61 loss at Murray State. Hammaker sat out last season after transferring in from the Big 12’s Kansas State.
- Deason notched the only double-double on the season so far for a Lady Bison with 16 points and 10 rebound in a 62-53 loss to UT Martin. She also notched a team-best six steals in a loss to College of Charleston.