|January 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JU|
|FG Percentage||.327 (16-49)||.407 (22-54)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (6-27)||.273 (6-22)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.923 (12-13)|
- 13||Jasmyn Brown
- 6||Trudy Walker
- 3||Shalonda Neely
- 5||Jasmyn Brown
- 1||Jasmyn Brown
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team opened up the ASUN portion of the schedule with a close loss on Saturday as the Lady Bisons fell at Jacksonville 62-47.
Lipscomb (2-12) were trailing by 18 heading into the fourth quarter before cutting the Dolphins (8-6) lead to nine, but the comeback bid fell short as the momentum shifted back toward JU in the final minutes.
Taylor Clark led the Lady Bisons down the stretch in their comeback attempt. The sophomore scored nine of her game-high 13 points in the final frame.
Clark also secured a team-best six rebounds, and shot 5-10 from the field.
Junior Lauren Rau and freshman Jane Deason each added nine points.
Deason also dished out a team-high three assists, while Rau snatched a career-high five steals.
Lipscomb outscored JU 27-25 in the second half, including 18-15 in the fourth quarter, but the first half struggles stalled the comeback bid.
- Lipscomb forced 24 Jacksonville turnovers, and only turned it over 17 times. The Lady Bisons scored 19 points off turnovers.
- The Lady Bisons swiped nine steals to Jacksonville’s seven.
- Jasmyn Brown led JU with 12 points. Three Dolphins finished in double-figures.
- JU out-rebounded Lipscomb 40-17, but won the assist battle 13-9.
- All eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 40 from Rau.
- All eight Lady Bisons who played in the loss scored.
- Lipscomb has lost seven in a row to Jacksonville.
The Lady Bisons will kick be back in Nashville for a pair of ASUN home games: North Florida on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. and next Saturday vs. Stetson at 1:30 p.m.