|January 08, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.468 (29-62)||.322 (19-59)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (4-18)||.324 (11-34)|
|FT Percentage||.600 (6-10)||.800 (4-5)|
CLARK - 7
HAMMAKER - 7
BOND - 3
GREEN - 3
EREMEEVA - 3
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team was back home on Tuesday night, but the Lady Bisons struggled in their return to Allen Arena as they fell to North Florida 68-53.
Lipscomb (2-13) got out to a slow start, as UNF (6-7) jumped out to an early 19-5 lead in the first quarter.
The Lady Bisons got things rolling in the second frame, led by nine points from junior Carleigh Short, which all came on three-pointers
Short finished the game with a career-high 21 on 7-16 shooting from three-point range, pouring in double-figures for only the second time in her career.
It was the first time a Lady Bison has gone over 20 points on the season.
Junior Taylor Clark nearly compiled a double-double with 11 points and seven rebounds. She has scored in double-figures in all but three games she has played this season.
Junior Lexi Manos scored a season-high eight points, all in the second half, while fellow junior Lauren Rau dished-out a season-best seven assists.
- Freshman Jane Deason and junior Anna Hammaker tied Clark with a team-high seven rebounds.
- Jazz Bond led UNF with 23 points. Three Ospreys finished in double-figures.
- UNF out-rebounded Lipscomb 38-37, and had 18 assists to Lipscomb’s 12.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 30 from Rau.
- Lipscomb shot 4-5 from the free throw line. Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum led with a 2-2 clip.
The Lady Bisons will kick be continue the home stretch with a 1:30 p.m. outing against Stetson on Saturday as part of a doubleheader at Allen Arena with the men’s team.