|January 12, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||STET||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.439 (29-66)||.357 (20-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (10-30)||.321 (9-28)|
|FT Percentage||.923 (12-13)||.762 (16-21)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team will be hitting the hardwood again this weekend with a matchup against ASUN foe Stetson.
The Lady Bisons (2-13) and the Hatters (6-9) will be facing off on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in Allen Arena as a part of a doubleheader with men’s basketball.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE HATTERS:
- This is the 32nd meeting between the two squads in the Division I era, with Stetson holding a 24-7 series lead, including a win in both of last season’s matchups.
- The Hatters enter the matchup having started off ASUN play with a 69-52 win over conference newcomer Liberty.
- Sarah Sagerer paces the team with 15.0 points and 7.9 rebounds per contest, both of which she ranks in the top five in the ASUN for. She also leads the conference with 2.6 blocks per game.
- McKenna Beach adds 12.0 points and 4.2 assists per outing, while
- Lipscomb fell to North Florida 68-53 on Tuesday despite a career-high 21 points from junior Carleigh Short.
- Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum was named the ASUN Freshman of the Week after notching a team-high 10 points in a loss to Morehead State, the first Lady Bisons individual honor of the season so far.
- Lipscomb tops the ASUN with a stellar .728 free throw shooting percentage. Morrow (35-43), Rau (40-48), and Clark (33-42) lead the way.
- Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win over a 64-62 season-opening win over TSU, including Jane Deason (a team-high 17), Kailey Rosenbaum (13), and Keely Morrow (13), who were all freshmen making their Lady Bisons debut. Junior Lauren Rau scored the game-winning bucket in the final seconds. It was her first basket of the night. Freshmen provided 52 points in Lipscomb’s 64 points in the win.
- In a 62-58 win over Alabama A&M, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec made her season debut with a team-high 17 points on 5-13 shooting from three-point range.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark has scored in double-figures nine of the 12 games she has played so far this season. She leads the team in scoring with a 10.9 mark.
- Anna Hammaker led Lipscomb with a season-high 17 points in a 97-61 loss at Murray State. Hammaker sat out last season after transferring in from the Big 12’s Kansas State.
- Deason notched the only double-double on the season so far for a Lady Bison with 16 points and 10 rebound in a 62-53 loss to UT Martin. She also notched a team-best six steals in a loss to College of Charleston.