|January 12, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||STET||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.439 (29-66)||.357 (20-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (10-30)||.321 (9-28)|
|FT Percentage||.923 (12-13)||.762 (16-21)|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team fell to Stetson 80-65 on Saturday afternoon in Allen Arena.
Despite the loss, the game saw the return of a pair of Lady Bisons from injury, giving Lipscomb (2-14, 0-3) a fully available roster for the first time all season.
Stetson (7-9, 2-0) extended its winning streak against the Lady Bisons with a hot night from three-point range with 10 triples.
Freshman Jane Deason led Lipscomb, pouring in a career-high 20 points on 8-17 shooting, including a 4-10 mark from behind the three-point line.
In her first game back from injury, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec nearly notched a double-double with seven points and a team-high nine rebounds.
Junior Lauren Rau notched 10 points and team-highs with three assists and two steals off the bench.
A late push in the fourth quarter almost brought Lipscomb back, but the run ended up short.
The Hatters were led by a triple double from McKenna Beach who had 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists. Addi Walters also notched 25 points for Stetson
- Lipscomb forced 13 turnovers and scored 16 points off of turnovers.
- The Lady Bisons notched 25 bench points to Stetson’s six.
- Stetson out-rebounded Lipscomb 37-36, and had 19 assists to Lipscomb’s 11.
- 11 Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 34 from Deason.
- Lipscomb shot 16-21 from the free throw line. They were a perfect 11-11 from the charity stripe in the second half.
- Rau led the team with a 6-6 free throw clip.
Lipscomb will be headed up north on Tuesday for a showdown with NJIT. Tipoff is set for 10:30 a.m.