|January 15, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||NJIT|
|FG Percentage||.355 (22-62)||.475 (29-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.435 (10-23)||.320 (8-25)|
|FT Percentage||.765 (13-17)||.667 (14-21)|
HAMMAKER - 3
GRILLON - 1
NEWARK, N.J. – Despite 46 combined points from Lauren Rau and Taylor Clark, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team fell at NJIT on Tuesday afternoon 80-67 at the Wellness and Events Center.
Rau caught fire in the fourth quarter, exploding for 18 of her career-high 27 points in the final frame to nearly lead Lipscomb (2-15, 0-4) to a comeback.
The junior point guard’s performance was the highest scoring outing of any Lady Bison so far this season and her 18-point fourth quarter was the most points any Lipscomb player has scored in a single quarter this season.
Clark’s third quarter nearly matched Rau’s fourth as she poured in 12 points, all on three-pointers and all assisted by Rau, in the third period. The sophomore finished the game with 19 points, just two short of her career high.
The second-half outbursts from Rau and Clark kept Lipscomb within striking distance, but NJIT (4-12, 2-1) was able to pull away at the end.
In addition to her scoring prowess, Rau also led the team with four assists and three steals.
- Rau shot 8-12 from the field, 2-3 from the three-point line, and 9-12 from the free throw line.
- Clark went 7-19 from the field, 5-10 from three-point range, and attempted no free throws.
- Clark added seven rebounds and a block to her scoring tally.
- Freshman Jane Deason led Lipscomb in rebounding with nine, including eight on the defensive glass.
- NJIT out-rebounded Lipscomb 42-36, and had 24 assists to Lipscomb’s 9.
- Lipscomb scored 18 points off 18 turnovers and notched nine second-chance points.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 36 from Rau.
- Lipscomb shot 13-17 from the free throw line.
Lipscomb will have a week off before heading to Florida for a pair of ASUN games. They will face FGCU on Jan. 22 and Stetson on Jan. 26.