|January 29, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIBERTY||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.492 (30-61)||.345 (20-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.300 (6-20)||.294 (10-34)|
|FT Percentage||.647 (11-17)||.667 (10-15)|
CLARK - 3
RETTSTATT - 2
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team started out strong on Tuesday night, but fell 77-60 thanks to a hot second half from Liberty in Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-18, 0-7) won the first quarter and were only down two at halftime, but the Flames (8-12, 4-3) came out firing in the third quarter to pull ahead and maintain the lead.
Lipscomb set a season-high with 37 points in the first half, trailing Liberty by just two at the break, thanks to a blazing 8-18 mark from behind the arc.
The Lady Bisons finished 10-34 from three-point range, a season-best mark.
Lipscomb was led by four double-digit scorers, including a team-high 18 from Taylor Clark.
The junior also grabbed four rebounds, tied for the team lead with three assists, and grabbed two steals.
Freshman Jane Deason notched 13 points and four rebounds, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec had 11 points, and junior Carleigh Short added 11 points and tied Clark with three assists.
Lipscomb led by as much as 13 late in the first half, but were outscored by 15 in the second half.
- Lipscomb tied their season high with 12 steals. Junior Lexi Manos led the team with three swipes, while freshman Kailey Rosenbaum stole two.
- Lipscomb shot 10-15 from the free throw line, but led by a perfect 4-4 clip from Short.
- Liberty out-rebounded Lipscomb 46-26, and had 25 assists to Lipscomb’s 11.
- Lipscomb forced 15 turnovers, and only gave up 13 to win the turnover margin by two.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, and all 10 that entered the game played nine or more, led by 34 from Clark.
Lipscomb will stay at home this weekend for a meeting with North Alabama on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in Allen Arena.