|February 02, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.483 (29-60)||.415 (22-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.480 (12-25)||.267 (4-15)|
|FT Percentage||.579 (11-19)||.522 (12-23)|
SHORT - 3
MORROW - 3
STULTS - 1
COULSON - 1
PANETTI - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is playing its second home matchup of the week on Saturday as North Alabama heads to Nashville for their first Division I and first ASUN meeting with the Lady Bisons.
Lipscomb (2-18, 0-7) and the Lions (15-2, 6-1) will be facing off at 1:30 p.m. in Allen Arena as part of a doubleheaders with the men’s teams.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE LIONS:
- This is the first meeting between the two squads as ASUN opponents as the Lions joined the conference and Division I this season.
- The last time North Alabama and Lipscomb met was in November 2015, where Lipscomb came away with a 88-67 win at the TSU Thanksgiving
- Brittany Panetti paces the team with 17.1 points per contest, while Ivy and Emma Wallen add 13.9 and 13.6 points per game, respectively.
- UNA has won eight of their last nine outings heading into Saturday’s matchup.
- Lipscomb fell to Liberty 77-60 at home in their last outing despite four Lady Bisons finishing in double-figures.
- Junior Lauren Rau poured in a career-high 27 points, 18 of which came in the fourth quarter, in a loss to at NJIT. Both figures were season-highs for any Lady Bison.
- Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum was named the ASUN Freshman of the Week after notching a team-high 10 points in a loss to Morehead State, the first Lady Bisons individual honor of the season so far.
- Lipscomb tops the ASUN with a stellar .729 free throw shooting percentage. Rau (66-78), Morrow (36-45), and Clark (39-54) lead the way. Rau is second in the conference, and Clark is 10th. As a team, Lipscomb is 66th in the nation, while Rau is 53rd in the country.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark has scored in double-figures 14 of the 18 games she has played so far this season. She leads the team in scoring with an 11.5 mark.
- Junior Carleigh Short led Lipscomb with a career-high 21 points on 7-16 shooting from three-point range in a loss to UNF at home.
- Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win over a 64-62 season-opening win over TSU, including Jane Deason (17), Kailey Rosenbaum (13), and Keely Morrow (13), who were all freshmen making their Lady Bisons debut. Rau scored the game-winning bucket in the final seconds. It was her first basket of the night. Freshmen provided 52 points in Lipscomb’s 64 points in the win.
- In a 62-58 win over Alabama A&M, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec made her season debut with a team-high 17 points on 5-13 shooting from three-point range.
- Anna Hammaker led Lipscomb with a season-high 17 points in a 97-61 loss at Murray State. Hammaker sat out last season after transferring in from the Big 12’s Kansas State.
- Deason notched the only double-double on the season so far for a Lady Bison with 16 points and 10 rebound in a loss to UT Martin. She also poured in a career-high 20 points in a loss to Stetson.