|February 02, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.483 (29-60)||.415 (22-53)|
|3P FG Percentage||.480 (12-25)||.267 (4-15)|
|FT Percentage||.579 (11-19)||.522 (12-23)|
SHORT - 3
MORROW - 3
STULTS - 1
COULSON - 1
PANETTI - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team started out strong against North Alabama on Saturday afternoon, but a second-half slump led to an 81-60 loss in Allen Arena.
After a hot-shooting first quarter from UNA (16-2, 7-1), the Lady Bisons (2-19, 0-8) jumped out to an 8-1 start in the second quarter to pull ahead 27-26 midway through the frame.
The Lions evened the game back at 33 with two minutes left in the half, but Lipscomb responded to take a 38-36 lead into the half.
Lipscomb won the second quarter 19-11, but were outscored 28-11 in the third after a pair of runs (8-0 and 12-0) by the Lions.
The Purple and Gold played the fourth quarter to a draw, but it was too little too late on the scoreboard.
Freshman Keely Morrow paced the team with 11 points, six rebounds, three steals, and the team’s lone block.
Freshman Kailey Rosenbaum added 10 points and four rebounds, while junior Lauren Rau notched 10 points and dished out a team-high five assists in her return from a one-game injury absence.
- Lipscomb set a new season-best mark with 13 steals. Sophomore Emily Kmec and junior Carleigh short each tied Morrow with a team-high three steals apiece.
- Kmec also grabbed a team-high eight rebounds.
- Lipscomb’s leading scorer Taylor Clark sat out the contest with an injury.
- Lipscomb shot 12-23 from the free throw line, but led by a perfect 4-6 clip from Rosebaum.
- UNA out-rebounded Lipscomb 35-34, and had 20 assists to Lipscomb’s 11.
- Lipscomb forced 22 turnovers, and gave up 26 in a high-turnover game.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 31 from Rau.
Lipscomb will hit the road on Tuesday for a meeting with North Florida at 6 p.m.