|February 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNF|
|FG Percentage||.354 (23-65)||.500 (24-48)|
|3P FG Percentage||.344 (11-32)||.333 (5-15)|
|FT Percentage||.750 (9-12)||.679 (19-28)|
JACKSON - 20
PURIFOY - 5
KMEC - 3
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team lost to North Florida in a nail-biter on Tuesday night as the Lady Bisons fell 72-66 at UNF Arena.
The Lady Bisons (2-20, 0-9) led 41-30 at the halftime break, but UNF (9-11, 4-5) outscored Lipscomb 42-25 in the second half to earn the win.
Lipscomb started out hot from three-point range, shooting 6-12 from deep in the first quarter alone. They finished 11-32 from behind the arc for the game, tying their season-high from long range.
Redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec led the way with 16 points on 5-8 shooting, including 4-6 from three-point range. She also grabbed a team-high six rebounds and tied for the team lead with three steals.
Junior Lauren Rau orchestrated the offense to the tune of 12 points, five rebounds, and a team-best seven assists, which tied her season-high.
Freshman Keely Morrow added 11 points and four rebounds, while junior Carleigh Short notched 11 points and three assists.
The Lady Bisons’ leading scorer Taylor Clark sat out for the second consecutive contest with an injury.
- Freshman Jane Deason tied Kmec with a team-leading three steals.
- Kmec also grabbed a team-high eight rebounds.
- Lipscomb shot 9-12from the free throw line, led by a perfect 5-5 clip from Rau.
- UNF out-rebounded Lipscomb 39-32, and had 17 assists to Lipscomb’s 15. It was the most assists Lipscomb has dished out all season.
- The two teams turned it over exactly 18 times each.
- Lipscomb led for 26:21 minutes of game time.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 35 from Rau and Deason.
Lipscomb will be back home on Saturday for a 1:30 p.m. tipoff against Jacksonville.