|February 12, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LIB|
|FG Percentage||.370 (17-46)||.417 (25-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.381 (8-21)||.500 (10-20)|
|FT Percentage||.720 (18-25)||.824 (14-17)|
- 22||Emily Lytle
ROSENBAUM - 5
- 5||Ashtyn Baker
Bridgette Rettstatt - 5
- 4||Bridgette Rettstatt
HAMMACK - 1
ROSENBAUM - 1
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is taking their first trip to face new ASUN foe Liberty on Tuesday.
The Lady Bisons (3-20, 1-9) will be facing the Flames (9-14, 5-5) at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday in the Vines Center.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE FLAMES:
- This is just the second meeting between the two teams as ASUN opponents, and the first in Virginia.
- Earlier this season, the Flames won 77-60 in Nashville.
- Emily Lyttle paces the team with 13.1 points per game, while Bridgette Rettstatt adds 10.2 points and 6.9 rebounds per contest.
- Liberty has lost two in a row heading into Tuesday’s meeting.
- The Lady Bisons earned their first ASUN win of the season on Saturday, taking down Jacksonville 61-58 to end a 19-game losing streak. Junior Carleigh Short was named the ASUN Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 22 points, and Kailey Rosenbaum earned her second ASUN Freshman of the Week honor thanks to 16 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior Lauren Rau poured in a career-high 27 points, 18 of which came in the fourth quarter, in a loss to at NJIT. Both figures were season-highs for any Lady Bison.
- Rosenbaum was named the ASUN Freshman of the Week after notching a team-high 10 points in a loss to Morehead State.
- Lipscomb is second in the ASUN with a .718 free throw shooting percentage. Rau (73-90), Morrow (40-51), and Clark (39-54) lead the way. Rau is third in the conference.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark has scored in double-figures 14 of the 18 games she has played so far this season. She leads the team in scoring with an 11.5 mark.
- Junior Carleigh Short led Lipscomb with a career-high 21 points on 7-16 shooting from three-point range in a loss to UNF at home.
- Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win over a 64-62 season-opening win over TSU, including Jane Deason (a team-high 17), Kailey Rosenbaum (13), and Keely Morrow (13), who were all freshmen making their Lady Bisons debut. Junior Lauren Rau scored the game-winning bucket in the final seconds. It was her first basket of the night. Freshmen provided 52 points in Lipscomb’s 64 points in the win.
- In a 62-58 win over Alabama A&M, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec made her season debut with a team-high 17 points on 5-13 shooting from three-point range.
- Anna Hammaker led Lipscomb with a season-high 17 points in a 97-61 loss at Murray State. Hammaker sat out last season after transferring in from the Big 12’s Kansas State.
- Deason notched the only double-double on the season so far for a Lady Bison with 16 points and 10 rebound in a loss to UT Martin. She also poured in a career-high 20 points in a loss to Stetson.