|February 12, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||LIB|
|FG Percentage||.370 (17-46)||.417 (25-60)|
|3P FG Percentage||.381 (8-21)||.500 (10-20)|
|FT Percentage||.720 (18-25)||.824 (14-17)|
- 22||Emily Lytle
ROSENBAUM - 5
- 5||Ashtyn Baker
Bridgette Rettstatt - 5
- 4||Bridgette Rettstatt
HAMMACK - 1
ROSENBAUM - 1
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team went to Liberty for the first time as ASUN opponents and came away with a loss as the Lady Bisons fell 74-60 on Tuesday night.
Lipscomb’s (3-21, 1-10) slow start cost them the game. After being outscored by the Flames (10-14, 6-5) 23-9 in the first quarter, the Lady Bisons played Liberty even for the rest of the way.
Freshman Keely Morrow led the Bisons comeback bid in the second half, finishing with a career-high 22 points.
Morrow shot 7-13 from the field, including 4-6 from three-point range, and a perfect 4-4 from the free throw line. She also grabbed five rebounds, tying for the team lead, and notched two steals.
Fellow freshman Kailey Rosenbaum notched 10 points, five rebounds, two steals, and a block.
Lipscomb cut the Liberty lead to as low as eight in the final frame, but could not get any closer despite winning the quarter 21-16.
Senior Lauren Rau collected nine points, four rebounds, three assists, and two steals.
- The Lady Bisons’ leading scorer Taylor Clark sat out for the fourth consecutive contest with an injury.
- Freshman Taylor Hammack dished out a team-best five assists in her second consecutive game as a starter.
- Freshman Jane Deason led Lipscomb with a career-high four steals. Five players had two or more (Deason, Rosenbaum, Morrow, Rau, and Hammack).
- Lipscomb shot 18-25 from the free throw line, led by perfect 4-4 clips from Morrow and Rau.
- Liberty out-rebounded Lipscomb 41-27, and had 23 assists to Lipscomb’s 11.
- Eight Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 30 minutes from Deason.
Lipscomb heads to Kennesaw State for their first matchup with the Owls this season. The meeting will take place on Saturday at 1 p.m.