|February 27, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NJIT||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.404 (19-47)||.309 (17-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.353 (6-17)||.276 (8-29)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (25-35)||.786 (11-14)|
BAJIC - 7
HAMMAKER - 3
MORROW - 1
ROSENBAUM - 1
BAJIC - 2
SHORT - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team is back on the court for the first time in a week on Wednesday as NJIT is set to visit Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons (3-23, 1-12) will be facing the Highlanders (5-21, 2-11) at 6:30 p.m.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- This is the eighth time the two teams have met in the Division I Era. NJIT holds a 4-3 series lead.
- Earlier this season, the Highlanders won 80-67 in Newark.
- Kelly Guarino paces the team with 12.7 points per game, while Danielle Tunstall adds 11.2 points per contest.
- NJIT has lost 10 games in a row heading into Tuesday’s meeting.
- In their last outing, Lipscomb fell 80-46 to FGCU. The game was played at Belmont’s Curb Event Center after a power outage at Allen Arena.
- The Lady Bisons earned their first ASUN win of the season last Saturday, taking down Jacksonville 61-58 to end a 19-game losing streak. Junior Carleigh Short was named the ASUN Player of the Week after scoring a career-high 22 points, and Kailey Rosenbaum earned her second ASUN Freshman of the Week honor thanks to 16 points and seven rebounds.
- Junior Lauren Rau poured in a career-high 27 points, 18 of which came in the fourth quarter, in a loss to at NJIT. Both figures were season-highs for any Lady Bison.
- Freshman Keely Morrow scored a career-high 22 points on 7-14 shooting (4-6 from three) and a perfect 4-4 from the free throw line.
- Rosenbaum was named ASUN Freshman of the Week for the first time after notching a team-high 10 points in a loss to Morehead State.
- Lipscomb is second in the ASUN with a .714 free throw shooting percentage. Rau (81-98), Morrow (48-61), and Clark (40-56) lead the way. Rau is second in the conference.
- Sophomore Taylor Clark has scored in double-figures 14 of the 20 games she has played so far this season. She leads the team in scoring with an 10.8 mark.
- In a 62-58 win over Alabama A&M, redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec made her season debut with a team-high 17 points on 5-13 shooting from three-point range.
- Anna Hammaker led Lipscomb with a season-high 17 points in a 97-61 loss at Murray State. Hammaker sat out last season after transferring in from the Big 12’s Kansas State.
- Deason notched the only double-double on the season so far for a Lady Bison with 16 points and 10 rebound in a loss to UT Martin. She also poured in a career-high 20 points in a loss to Stetson.