|February 27, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NJIT||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.404 (19-47)||.309 (17-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.353 (6-17)||.276 (8-29)|
|FT Percentage||.714 (25-35)||.786 (11-14)|
BAJIC - 7
HAMMAKER - 3
MORROW - 1
ROSENBAUM - 1
BAJIC - 2
SHORT - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s basketball team hit the court again on Wednesday night after over a week since their last outing, and the Lady Bisons fell to NJIT 69-53 in Allen Arena.
Lipscomb (3-24, 1-13) and the Highlanders (6-21, 3-11) played a sluggish game, combining for42 fouls and 39 turnovers.
The loss eliminates the Lady Bisons from postseason contention. A 12-0 NJIT run to end the first half propelled the Highlanders to a second-half lead that the Bisons were not able to overcome.
Sophomore Taylor Clark led the Lady Bisons with to go along with five rebounds.
Redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec added 11 points and five rebounds.
Junior Lauren Rau notched 11 points and four rebounds.
NJIT was paced by Kelly Guarino’s 23 points, including a perfect 14-14 from the free throw line.
- Juniors Carleigh Short and Anna Hammaker led the team with three assists each.
- Hammaker also led the squad with eight rebounds despite fouling out in the fourth quarter.
- Rau also fouled out in the final minutes of action.
- Lipscomb won the rebounding battle (36-33) for the second game in a row.
- NJIT had 11 assists to Lipscomb’s 9.
- Seven Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 35 minutes from Short
Lipscomb will hit the road for a meeting with North Alabama on Saturday at 1 p.m.