|March 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||1OT||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.438 (28-64)||.443 (27-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.222 (2-9)||.367 (11-30)|
|FT Percentage||.579 (11-19)||.583 (7-12)|
NASHVILLE – Carleigh Short may not have called glass, but she for sure called game.
The Lipscomb women’s basketball team closed out the season on a strong note by beating Kennesaw State 72-69 in an overtime thriller on Tuesday night in Allen Arena. Junior Carleigh Short banked in the game-winning shot as time expired in the extra frame.
The Lady Bisons (4-25, 2-4) and the Owls (8-21, 4-12) were tied at 60 at the end of regulation, but Lipscomb outscored KSU 12-9 in the extra period.
Lipscomb led by as much as 16 in the second half, but the Owls came storming back with a 12-2 run to send the game to overtime.
Junior Lauren Rau’s basket with 20 seconds left in overtime tied the game up at 69, setting the stage for Short’s game-winner.
Short finished the game with 17 points, four rebounds, two assists, and two steals. She also shot 5-13 from three-point range.
Sophomore Taylor Clark points, rebounds, assists, and steals, nearly notching a triple-double with 18 points, nine rebounds, a career-high eight assists, and three steals.
Redshirt-sophomore Emily Kmec added 15 points, seven rebounds, one steal and a team-high two blocks.
- Rau had nine points, two rebounds, four assists, and one steal.
- Nine different Lady Bisons scored in the win.
- KSU was paced by Kamiyah Street’s 29 points and Alexis Poole’s 22.
- Kennesaw won the rebounding battle 40-35, but Lipscomb dished out 19 assists to KSU’s 12.
- Nine Lady Bisons played 10 or more minutes, led by 40 minutes from Rau.