|November 05, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UD|
|FG Percentage||.377 (23-61)||.388 (26-67)|
|3P FG Percentage||.211 (4-19)||.200 (4-20)|
|FT Percentage||.909 (10-11)||.722 (26-36)|
- 16||Erin Whalen
- 7||Kyla Whitehead
- 4||Araion Bradshaw
HARRISON - 1
COLLIER - 1
DAYTON, Ohio - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team opened up the season with a 82-60 loss on the road at Dayton. But the new-look Lady Bisons showed fight in UD Arena on Tuesday night.
It was a new era both on and off the court for the Purple and Gold. Head coach Lauren Sumski made her debut on the sidelines for the Lady Bisons while newcomers provided 51 out of 60 total points (85 percent) for Lipscomb.
Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures, all four of which were suiting up in the Purple and Gold for the first time.
Freshman Jalyn Holcomb paced the team with 16 points and dished out a team-high four assists.
Fellow freshman Casey Collier dropped in 12 points, grabbed a team-high six rebounds, and had three assists.
Kentucky transfer Dorie Harrison debuted with 12 points and four rebounds in just 21 minutes. Eight of her 12 came in the first half before the redshirt-sophomore fouled out early in the second half.
After sitting out last season while on the Lipscomb roster, Butler transfer Sydney Shelton notched 11 points and four rebounds.
Lipscomb stayed even with Dayton for much of the first half before the Flyers went on a 13-1 run in the third quarter.
- All nine Lady Bisons that entered the game played at least 16 minutes. Holcomb led the way with 33.
- The Lady Bisons are now 0-2 all-time vs Dayton.
- Lipscomb shot 10-11 from the free-throw line, while the Flyers were 26-36 from the charity stripe. Holcomb led the way with a 6-6 mark.
- Dayton out-rebounded Lipscomb 52-31, and dished out 16 assists to Lipscomb’s 12.
- The Lady Bisons scored 30 points in the paint, led by a 6-11 shooting mark from Harrison.
- Collier also fouled out alongside Harrison.
- Shelton, Harrison, and Collier each notched one steal.
UP NEXT: Lipscomb will travel to Alabama next Tuesday to face off with Jacksonville State. Tip is set for 11:30 a.m., and the game will be aired on ESPN+.