|November 12, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JSU|
|FG Percentage||.364 (20-55)||.351 (20-57)|
|3P FG Percentage||.294 (5-17)||.308 (8-26)|
|FT Percentage||.818 (18-22)||.680 (17-25)|
- 15||Yamia Johnson
- 9||Brittany Webster
- 3||Chloe Long
KMEC - 1
CLARK - 1
- 1||Destiney Elliott
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team lost a nail-biter on Tuesday afternoon as the Lady Bisons fell 65-63 at Jacksonville State.
After the morning tip in Mathews Coliseum, Lipscomb jumped out to an early lead thanks to nine first-quarter points from senior Carleigh Short, all of which came from behind the arc.
Jacksonville State battled back in the second quarter, but the Lady Bisons held onto a one-point lead at halftime, heading into the break ahead 33-32.
Lipscomb continued its lead as the went into the fourth quarter leading by three, 45-42. But the Gamecocks pulled ahead in the fourth quarter.
The two teams traded buckets and then free throws down the stretch, and JSU came away with the win despite leading in only eight minutes of game time.
Lipscomb was led by redshirt-sophomore Dorie Harrison, who nearly notched a double-double with 15 points and nine rebounds on 5-9 shooting from the field in her second outing in the Purple and Gold.
Sophomore Keely Morrow and Freshman Jalyn Holcomb each added 10 points apiece. Holcomb and Harrison have now started off their Lady Bison career with consecutive double-digit outings.
- Yamia Johnson paced JSU with 21 points on 6-12 shooting. Destiney Elliott added 10.
- All nine Lady Bisons that entered the game played at least 13 minutes. Holcomb led the way with 33 minutes played.
- The all-time series is now tied at 3-3 between the two programs.
- Lipscomb shot a blistering 18-22 from the free throw line, compared to a 17-25 mark from the Gamecocks. Harrison and Holcomb each went 5-6, while Morrow went 4-5.
- JSU out-rebounded Lipscomb 36-34, and dished out 10 assists to Lipscomb’s eight.
- Junior Taylor Clark led Lipscomb with three assists
- Harrison notched the team’s only block and added one steal.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will have their home opener on Friday night at 6:30 as Northern Kentucky visits Allen Arena.