|November 19, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||MUR||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.404 (23-57)||.349 (22-63)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (7-21)||.227 (5-22)|
|FT Percentage||.583 (14-24)||1.000 (8-8)|
HOLCOMB - 3
TURLEY - 3
COLLIER - 1
GIBSON - 2
KMEC - 1
CLARK - 1
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team led for three quarters on Tuesday night, but it wasn’t enough as Murray State came roaring back in the fourth to win 67-57 in Allen Arena.
The Lady Bisons started off the night strong with a sweet-shooting first quarter, ending the frame on a 10-0 run.
Lipscomb led 29-23 at the half, and maintained that lead throughout much of a back-and-forth third quarter. Sophomore Jane Deason closed out the third with a buzzer-beating three-pointer, but then the Lady Bisons would hit a slump in the final frame.
The Purple and Gold scored just nine points in the last quarter, including only two in a seven-minute stretch.
Redshirt-sophomore Dorie Harrison led the team with another near double-double with 16 points and nine rebounds. She shot a sterling 7-9 from the field and hit both of her free throws.
Sophomore Keely Morrow scored 14 points on 6-12 shooting, including a 2-3 mark from downtown. Fellow sophomore Jane Deason notched 10 points and seven rebounds.
Reigning ASUN Freshman of the Week Casey Collier pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds, the first Lady Bison to do so this season.
Lipscomb falls to 1-3 on the loss, while Murray State improves to 2-2.
- Macey Turley paced Murray State with 20 points, six rebounds, and five assists. Macie Gibson added 19 points and 10 rebounds.
- All eight Lady Bisons that entered the game played at least 13 minutes, with seven playing 22 or more. Collier and Deason led the way with 32 minutes played.
- Lipscomb shot a perfect 8-8 from the free throw line.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded Murray State 45-35, and dished out 11 assists toMurray’s eight.
- Senior Carleigh Short and freshman Jalyn Holcomb tied for the team lead with three assists.
- Harrison, junior Taylor Clark, and senior Emily Kmec each notched a block. Deason and Collier grabbed the team’s only steals
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will head to Orlando, Florida this weekend for the MAAC/ASUN Challenge. They play Rider on Friday at 1:30 p.m. and Marist on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.