|November 22, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||Rider|
|FG Percentage||.469 (23-49)||.455 (25-55)|
|3P FG Percentage||.556 (10-18)||.471 (8-17)|
|FT Percentage||.870 (20-23)||.852 (23-27)|
- 27||Stella Johnson
- 11||Stella Johnson
- 5||Amanda Mobley
- 2||Stella Johnson
- 1||Stella Johnson
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team dropped another close contest on Friday afternoon as they fell to Rider 81-76 at the MAAC/ASUN Challenge in Orlando, Florida.
It was a back-and-forth contest for much of the 40 minutes at the Wide World of Sports Complex, with Lipscomb leading for as many as nine in the fourth quarter.
But Rider came back strong late in the action to pull ahead for good with just over a minute to play.
The Lady Bisons were led by Jalyn Holcomb, who scored a career-high 23 in the loss. The freshman had already eclipsed her previous career-best mark by halftime when she headed to the locker room with 18 points at the break.
Holcomb shot 9-13 from the field, including 4-5 from three-point range, 5-6 from the free throw line, and added four assists.
Senior Carleigh Short also filled it up, scoring 17 points on 4-8 shooting (4-7 from three) and a perfect 5-5 from the charity stripe. She also dished out a team-best five assists.
Redshirt-sophomore Dorie harrison nearly notched a double-double once again with eight points and a team-high 11 rebounds, all of which came in the first half. She also led the team on defense with two steals and the team’s only block.
As a whole, the Lady Bisons had their best shooting performance of the season so far, making 23 of 49 shots (47 percent) and 10-18 three’s (56 percent).
Lipscomb falls to 1-4 with the loss, while Rider improves to 3-1.
- Stella Johnson paced Rider with 41 points, 18 of which came in the fourth quarter. Amanda Mobley added 18.
- All eight Lady Bisons that entered the game played at least 13 minutes, with seven playing 22 or more. Short led the way with 37 minutes played.
- Lipscomb shot a 20-23 from the free throw line.
- Rider out-rebounded Lipscomb 29-28, and the two teams dished out 10 assists each.
- Short, junior Taylor Clark, and senior Emily Kmec each also notched a steal.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will continue the MAAC\ASUN Challenge tomorrow morning as they face Marist at 11.