|December 21, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||TTU|
|FG Percentage||.373 (22-59)||.415 (27-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.292 (7-24)||.345 (10-29)|
|FT Percentage||.875 (7-8)||.875 (14-16)|
- 14||Anacia Wilkinson
- 7||Anacia Wilkinson
- 4||Akia Harris
PEARSON - 1
CLARK - 1
COLLIER - 1
- 2||Anacia Wilkinson
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. - In the final game before Christmas break, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team fell 78-58 on Saturday afternoon on the road against Tennessee Tech.
Lipscomb held steady throughout the first half, keeping the game within single digits and trailing just 36-30 at the break.
But, Tennessee Tech came out strong in the second half, before completely breaking the game open in the fourth quarter.
Junior Taylor Clark led the way for the Lady Bisons in both scoring with 14 points and rebounding with seven. She shot efficiently from the field (7-13) and added a team-high two blocks with one steal.
Sophomore Keely Morrow scored 11 points, shooting 3-5 from the field and 2-3 from three-point range.
Freshman Jalyn Holcomb notched 10 points, grabbed three rebounds, and handed out a team-best four assists.
Senior Carleigh Short added 11 points, three rebounds, and one steal.
Lipscomb falls to 2-10 with the loss, while TTU improves to 6-4.
- Anacia Wilkinson paced TTU with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Akia Harris had 11 points, five rebounds, and nine assists. Jordan Brock (13) and Mackenzie Coleman (11) also scored in double-figures.
- Eight Lady Bisons played at least 10 minutes. Short logged the most with 35 minutes played.
- TTU out-rebounded Lipscomb 46-30, and had an 18-9 assists advantage.
- Lipscomb nearly went perfect from the free throw line, with Holcomb going 4-4 and Morrow 3-4. They were the only two Lady Bisons to attempt a free throw.
- Lipscomb scored 30 points in the paint, tying the Golden Eagles.
UP NEXT: Lipscomb will start the 2020 portion of their schedule with a New Year’s Day matchup against Queens University. Tip is set for 1:30 p.m in Allen Arena.