|January 01, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||QUEENS||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.259 (15-58)||.439 (29-66)|
|3P FG Percentage||.211 (4-19)||.361 (13-36)|
|FT Percentage||.733 (11-15)||.789 (15-19)|
CLARK - 20
Caitlyn Moore - 1
Kristian Eanes - 1
Jaymi Golden - 1
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team started 2020 off right with an 86-45 win on New Year’s Day over Queens University in Allen Arena.
Lipscomb came out the game strong with a 19-4 lead after the first quarter, propelled by a 16-0 run. The Lady Bisons took control of the game early and never looked back.
The second quarter was more back-and-forth between Lipscomb and the Royals, but nine points in the frame from junior Taylor Clark kept Lipscomb comfortably in the lead.
Another dominant run, this time 14-2, steadied the Lady Bisons in the third quarter, before a final fourth quarter push gave Lipscomb their team-high for points on the season.
Clark led the way for Lipscomb, notching her third double-double of the season with 20 points and 11 rebounds. She shot an efficient 6-8 from the field (2-3 from three-point range) and 6-7 from the free throw line, while tying her career-high in rebounds.
Senior Carleigh Short also scored 20 points thanks to a 7-13 mark from the field and a blistering 5-10 mark from behind the arc.
Freshman Jalyn Holcomb earned 13 points and doleed out a team-high five assists.
Sophomore Keely Morrow scored in double-figures as well with 12 points.
Senior Emily Kmec turned in a career effort on the defensive end with career-highs in rebounds with 13 and steals with four.
Lipscomb improves to 3-10 with the win, while Queens falls to 3-9.
- Madison Sexton paced Queens with 13 points off the bench. Jaymi Golden added 10.
- All eight Lady Bisons to enter the game played at least 15 minutes. Holcomb and Morrow logged the most with 29 minutes played.
- Lipscomb out-rebounded Queens 41-40, and had a 17-2 assists advantage.
- Lipscomb 15-19 from the free throw line. Collier was a perfect 3-3.
- The Lady Bisons had 23 points off the bench, as freshman Blythe Pearson added nine to Morrow’s 12.
UP NEXT: Lipscomb will begin ASUN play on Saturday with a trip to FGCU. Tip is set for 3 p.m.