|January 11, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.468 (29-62)||.448 (26-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (8-24)||.348 (8-23)|
|FT Percentage||.857 (18-21)||.800 (12-15)|
Wallen - 5
Coulson - 2
|January 13, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.500 (29-58)||.414 (24-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.412 (7-17)||.310 (9-29)|
|FT Percentage||.692 (9-13)||.818 (9-11)|
Gianolla - 11
Hoover - 4
Gianolla - 1
Hoover - 1
NASHVILLE - After earning their first conference win of the season, the Lipscomb women’s basketball team is back at home for a two-game ASUN stretch.
On Saturday, Lipscomb will face North Alabama at 1:30 p.m. part of a doubleheader with the men’s team in Allen Arena. On Monday, tip off against Kennesaw State is set for 6:30 p.m.
SCOUTING THE LIONS:
- UNA is 11-3 on the season and undefeated so far in ASUN play.
- Of the Lions’ three losses this season, one came at Iowa and the most recent came at Iowa State.
- Lipscomb was 0-2 against UNA last year, their first in the ASUN.
- Sisters Ivy and Emma Wallen lead the Lions in scoring this season at 15.9 and 14.9 points per contest, respectively.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- KSU is 6-7 heading into the weekend with an 0-2 mark in ASUN play.
- The Owls holda a 17-9 lead in 26 previous matchups. Last season, the teams split their two meetings, with each winning one at home.
- Lipscomb prevailed 72-69 on a overtime buzzer-beating three-pointer from Carleigh Short in last year’s season finale.
- Alexis Poole leads the Owls in scoring this season at 15.1 points per contest.
- Lipscomb is third in the nation with a stellar .799 free throw percentage.
- In their last outing, the Lady Bisons ended a 16-game, nine-year losing streak to Stetson with a 65-59 win on the road. Junior Taylor Clark exploded for a career-high 31 points to earn the ASUN Player of the Week award, while Jalyn Holcomb earned her second ASUN Freshman of the Week award thanks to a 20-point outing.
- Lipscomb dominated Queens 86-45 on New Year’s Day. Four Lady Bisons scored in double-figures in the win.
- On Dec. 9, the Lady Bisons ended a five-game losing streak with a cross-town 74-64 win over TSU. Casey Collier led Lipscomb with 18 points, six rebounds, four assists, one steal, and one block.
- Jalyn Holcomb won the ASUN Freshman of the Week for her 27-point outing against Rider.
- Casey Collier won the previous ASUN Freshman of the Week after scoring 17 points to lead Lipscomb to a 71-69 win in its home opener vs Northern Kentucky.
- Carleigh Short scored 13 and hit the game-tying bucket with 12.8 seconds left against NKU. Despite missing much of the game due to foul trouble, Dorie Harrison hit the game-winning free throws with under two seconds left.
- Holcomb leads the team with 13.9 points and 2.7 assists per contest.
- Harrison adds 10.2 points and leads the team with 6.3 rebounds per game.
- Collier scores 9.4 points and grabs 5.1 rebounds.
- Senior Taylor Clark has three double-doubles on the year and averages 102.3 points and 6.1 rebounds.