|January 11, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UNA||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.468 (29-62)||.448 (26-58)|
|3P FG Percentage||.333 (8-24)||.348 (8-23)|
|FT Percentage||.857 (18-21)||.800 (12-15)|
Wallen - 5
Coulson - 2
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team fell 84-72 to North Alabama in their first conference home game of the season on Saturday afternoon in Allen Arena.
It was a back-and-forth, high-scoring first quarter, with Lipscomb trailing by just two, 18-16, after the first 10 minutes.
The Lions broke the game open in the second quarter, however, going on a 17-0 run and outscoring the Lady Bisons 20-6 in the period.
Lipscomb came out of halftime determined to cut into the UNA lead, winning the third quarter 25-19.
Freshman Casy Collier sparked the comeback attempt even further at the start of the fourth, scoring three consecutive baskets to cut the Lions lead to four, 57-53.
But UNA proved to be too much for the Lady Bisons, going on one final run to clinch the win.
Freshman Jalyn Holcomb paced the Lady Bisons with 22 points, seven rebounds, and two steals. She shot 8-15 from the field, 3-6 from three, and 3-3 from the free throw line for her third 20-point outing of the season.
Junior Taylor Clark also chipped in 20 on 7-14 shooting and 6-6 from the line with six rebounds before fouling out in the final seconds of the game.
Collier had a stat-sheet-filling night with 14 points (6-11 shooting), five rebounds, and a team and career-high eight assists.
Lipscomb falls to 4-12 (1-2) with the loss, while UNA improves to 12-3 (3-0).
- Ivy Wallen paced UNA with 28 points and five assists. Three other Lions scored in double-figures: Olivia Noah (18), Brittany Panetti (15), and Kenysha Coulson (11).
- Six Lady Bisons played 25 or more minutes. Holcomb logged the most with 40 minutes played.
- Senior Emily Kmec led the team with two blocks.
- The two teams tied with exactly 34 rebounds each. UNA had a 20-14 assists advantage.
- Lipscomb was 12-15 from the free throw line. Clark, Holcomb, and Kmec (2-2) were perfect from the charity stripe.
UP NEXT: Lipscomb will be back in Allen Arena on Monday night to take on Kennesaw State at 6:30 p.m.