|February 10, 2020||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UNA|
|FG Percentage||.351 (20-57)||.574 (35-61)|
|3P FG Percentage||.214 (6-28)||.464 (13-28)|
|FT Percentage||.923 (12-13)||.667 (8-12)|
TEAM - 5
CLARK - 1
Coulson - 2
FLORENCE, Ala. - The Lipscomb women’s basketball team ran into a high-scoring North Alabama squad on Monday night as the Lady Bisons fell 91-58 in Flowers Hall.
The Lions started out hot, going on a 17-0 run in the first quarter, putting Lipscomb in a hole that was hard to dig out of.
The Lady Bisons hung tough in the middle two quarters. Junior Taylor Clark tried to erase the deficit with an eight-point third quarter, but an 11-0 UNA run to end the third put the game out of reach.
The Lions shot 35-61 (57 percent) for the night, including 13-28 (46 percent) from three-point range.
Clark led Lipscomb with 15 points, shooting 4-7 from the field and a perfect 7-7 from the free throw line, to go along with one steal and one block.
Freshman Jalyn Holcomb adds 13 points and a team-high five rebounds.
Lipscomb falls to 5-19 (2-9) with the loss, while UNA improves to 17-6 (8-3).
- Five Lions finished in double-figures: Brittanty Panetti (26), Emma Wallen (16), Jaida Bond (15), Ivy Wallen (11), and Kenysha Coulson (11). Ivy Wallen also had 17 assists.
- Freshman Casey Collier lead the team with six assists. She also had seven points and a team-high two steals.
- Senior Carleigh Short had nine points, three rebounds, and one steal.
- Six Lady Bisons played double-digit minutes. Short logged the most with 39 minutes played.
- UNA out-rebounded Lipscomb 41-25, and had a 28-12 assists advantage.
UP NEXT: Lipscomb will return to Allen Arena on Saturday for a 1:30 p.m. showdown with the ASUN-leading FGCU Eagles.