Women's golf opens spring at Kiawah Island
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team is slated to open spring action on Sunday in the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Spring Classic hosted at the Osprey Point Golf Club in Kiawah Island, S.C.
- 41 teams will compete in the event (Host College of Charleston, Bethune-Cookman, Boston College, Boston University, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga, The Citadel, Cleveland State, Coastal Carolina, Delaware, East Tennessee State, Elon, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Iowa, Jacksonville, Jacksonville State,, Longwood, Loyola, Marshall, Mercer, Morehead State, North Florida, Old Dominion, Oral Roberts, Presbyterian, Radford, Richmond, Samford, SCAD, Southern Mississippi, St. John’s, Stetson, Tennessee Tech, Towson, Troy, UNCG, USC Upstate, Western Kentucky and William & Mary.)
- Two courses will be used for the three-day, 54-hole tournament. The Oak Point course will play Par 72 at 5,901 yards while the Osprey Point course will play Par 72 at 5,964 yards.
- After 36 holes of play, the top-20 teams will compete for the championship at Osprey Point.
- Samantha Griffith, Miriam Parker, Charley Benefield, Ashton Marton and Lily McDonald will compete for the Lady Bisons.
- Lipscomb is scheduled to tee off at 10:13 a.m.
- Live scoring for the event will be available at http://www.golfstat.com with updates every nine holes.