HATTIESBURG, Miss. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team opened play in the 2016 Lady Eagle Invitational in 10th place after the first two rounds of competition at the Hattiesburg Country Club.
The Lady Bisons opened the day with a +29, 317 before posting a +34, 322 to end the day at +63 (639). Barry University sits atop the leaderboard after 36 holes with a +30, 606 (304, 302).
Inside the Herd:
- Miriam Parker paced the Lady Bisons on the first day of action carding a +11, 155 after rounds of 77 and 78 to sit tied for 17th after the first day.
- Samantha Griffith ended the day just two strokes behind Parker with a +13, 157 (76, 81) in a four-way tie for 27th.
- Charley Benefield carded a +19, 163 (82, 81) to tie for 43rd.
- Ashton Martin fired identical rounds of 82 to start the event tying for 47th at +20.
- The day saw Lily McDonald finish at +40, 184 (94, 90) in 59th
- Barry’s Tilda Larsson leads the event after 36 holes at two-over par.
- The event concludes on Tuesday with the final 18 holes set to get underway at 8 a.m. from the Magnolia State.
- Live scoring will be available at http://www.golfstat.com