KAILUA, Hawaii – The Lipscomb women’s golf team opened the 2016 Dr. Donnis Thompson Invitational in 15th after the first round of action on Monday at the Kaneohe Klipper Golf Course in Kailua, Hawaii.
The Lady Bisons fired an opening round +26, 314 to open the event. Texas A&M paced the field after 18 holes with a -7, 281.
Inside the herd:
- Miriam Parker picked up where she left off in the Lady Eagle Invitational by lead the team again on Monday. Parker posted a +2, 74 to sit in a tie for 16th.
- Samantha Griffith and Charley Benefield followed Parker with +7, 79’s to tie for 60th.
- Jenny Muesing finished three strokes behind Griffith and Benefield carding a +10, 82 in a tie for 80th.
- Ashton Martin rounded out the competitors for the Lady Bisons with a +13, 85 to tie for 88th.
- Play wraps up on Wednesday night following Tuesday’s second round action.
- Texas A&M’s Bianca Fabrizio sits atop the leaderboard after 18 holes after firing a -5, 67.
- Live scoring for the event is available at http://www.golfstat.com