KISSIMMEE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team opened the 2016 Atlantic Sun Conference championship in seventh place after the first day of action at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee, Florida on Sunday.
The Lady Bisons fired a +34, 322 to open the three-day event in the “Sunshine State”. Kennesaw State holds the lead after day one after a +6, 294.
- Miriam Parker led Lipscomb with a +5, 77 to finish the day tied for 15th.
- Samantha Griffith finished one stroke back of Parker with a +6, 78 in a tie for 17th.
- Jenny Muesing ended the day tied for 28th with a +10, 82.
- Charley Benefield and Hillary Reader rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb with a +13, 85 and a +16, 88, respectively.
- Kennesaw State’s Clara Aveling sits atop the leaderboard heading into Monday with a -2, 70.
- Lipscomb will get underway on Monday at 7:45 a.m. in the second round of action.