KISSIMMEE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team moved up the leaderboard on Monday finishing the second round of the Atlantic Sun Championship in sixth place at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.
The Lady Bisons fired a +29, 317 to move up from seventh with 18 holes remaining. Lipscomb heads into the final 18 holes with a +63, 639 (322-317) just two strokes ahead of USC Upstate. North Florida heads into Tuesday with a one stroke lead over FGCU with a +16, 592 (298-294).
- Samantha Griffith led the Lady Bisons with a +4, 76 to finish the day tied for 18th. She sits at +10 for the tourney with a 154 (78-76)
- Miriam Parker heads into Tuesday two strokes back of Griffith with a +12, 156 (77-79) in 25th
- Jenny Muesing sits tied for 27th after improving her score by five strokes on Monday with a 77 owning a +15, 159 (81-78)
- Charley Benefield and Hillary Reader round out the competitors for the Lady Bisons in 34th and 35th places, respectively. Benefield carded a +14, 86 on Monday to give her a +27, 171 (85-86), while Reader sits two strokes back with a +29, 173 (88-85)
- The Lady Bisons are set to begin the final 18 holes of the 54-hole competition on Tuesday at 7:45 a.m.
- Kennesaw State’s Clara Aveling continues to sit atop the leaderboard behind a -3, 141 (70-71).