KISSIMMEE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team matched the best finish in school history with a sixth-place offering at the 2016 Atlantic Sun Conference championship on Tuesday at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee, Florida.
The Lady Bisons finished with a final-day +26, 314, the best round of the tournament for the Purple and Gold, to complete the championship with a +89, 953 (322-317-314). North Florida claimed the league championship with a +26, 890 (298-294-298).
- With a final-round 75, Miriam Parker led the Lady Bisons in a tie for 18th. Parker concluded the championship with a +15, 231 (77-79-75).
- Parker’s 75 was the best round of the tournament for any Lipscomb golfer.
- Samantha Griffith finished one stroke behind Parker with a +16, 232 (78-76-78) to finish 22nd.
- Jenny Muesing tied for 25th after carding a +20, 236 (82-77-77).
- Hillary Reader and Charley Benefield tied for 34th as the duo each finished with a +41, 257. Reader carded rounds of 88, 85 and 84, while Benefield fired an 85, an 86 and an 86.
- Kennesaw State’s Clara Aveling took home medalist honors behind a +2, 218 (70-71-77).