LEDBETTER, Ky. – Led by junior Samantha Griffith, who sit tied atop the leaderboard, the Lipscomb women’s golf team opened the 2016-17 season on Monday in eighth place at the Murray State Drake Creek Invitational.
"I am so proud of these girls," said Lipscomb women's golf coach Skye Rogers. "They have been working so hard. I've seen my juniors really step up and take the leadership roles by the reigns and it is so exciting. We are going to do great things this year."
- The Lady Bisons opened the day with a +34, 322 before rallying with a +13, 301.
- Davidson played a big role in the second-round surge as she carded a +1, 73 to give her a +11, 155 (82-73) for the day in a tie for 20th.
- Sophomore Jenny Muesing fired a second-round +3, 75 to end the day tied for 27th with a +12, 156 (81-75).
- Charley Benefield and Ines Konschewitz rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb. Benefield finished the day tied for 49th with a +22, 166 (85-81), while Konschewitz tied for 60th with a +30, 174.
- Western Kentucky leads the field with a +18, 594 (294-300) heading into the final 18 holes on Tuesday in the Bluegrass State.
- Action gets underway at 8:30 a.m.